The Minister of Canadian Heritage and Member of Parliament for Ahuntsic-Cartierville, Mélanie Joly, warmly thanked all of the candidates, who ran in the recent municipal elections for their participation in the vitality of Ahuntsic-Cartierville.
She also congratulated the newly elected Mayor of Ahuntsic-Cartierville, Émilie Thuillier, to whom the citizens have placed their trust. The challenges facing the different neighborhoods of the borough are important and Mélanie Joly is excited to work with the elected municipal councillors listed below, to improve the quality of life for our citizens:
- Effie Giannou, Bordeaux-Cartierville district
- Hadrien Parizeau, St-Sulpice district
- Jérôme Normand, Sault-au-Récollet district
- Nathalie Goulet, Ahuntsic district
Mélanie Joly wants to work with elected officials to continue to achieve the following three key commitments from her own federal campaign:
- To improve and develop community and social housing in particular on the future Louvain site;
- To protect the heritage and create the Sault-au-Récollet National Historical Site;
- To revitalize the Chabanel sector and create sustainable jobs.
"Citizens placed their confidence in the new Mayor of Ahuntsic-Cartierville, as well as, all of the City Councillors. I sincerely congratulate them and I look forward to continuing to work with Ms. Thuillier and meet the newly elected officials. The level of expectations from our citizens is high: we must meet these expectations, achieve the desired results and work together to support the middle class."Mélanie Joly