Mélanie Joly

Your member of parliament for


Mélanie Joly

Your member of parliament for



Services for citizens

Your constituency office services

As your Member of Parliament for Ahuntsic-Cartierville, I can assist you in many different ways. Please contact my office if you need information or assistance in one of the following areas :

Canada child benefit

The Canada child benefit (CCB) is a tax-free monthly payment made to eligible families to help them with the cost of raising children under 18 years of age. The CCB might include the child disability benefit as well as any related provincial programs.

Canada Revenue Agency

Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) administers tax laws for the Government of Canada and for most provinces and territories, and administers various social and economic benefit and incentive programs delivered through the tax system.

Citizenship and Immigration

Visitor visas, study and work permits, applications for immigration, sponsorship, permanent resident cards, citizenship, refugee protection.

Crown Corporations

Our office can assist you in your interactions with Crown Corporations.

Employment Insurance

The Employment Insurance (EI) program provides temporary income support to unemployed workers while they look for employment or to upgrade their skills. The EI program also provides special benefits to workers who take time off work due to specific life events (illness; pregnancy; caring for a newborn or newly adopted child, a critically ill child, or a family member who is seriously ill with a significant risk of death).

Federal funding

We can also assist you in searching, applying for and getting Federal funding for your organization.

Meeting Request

As your Member of Parliament, I regularly meet with community leaders, stakeholders, constituents and other elected officials from and around Ahuntsic-Cartierville. Do not hesitate to contact my office.

Old Age Security and Guaranteed Income Supplement

The Old Age Security (OAS) pension is a monthly payment available to seniors aged 65 and older who meet the Canadian legal status and residence requirements.

The Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS) provides a monthly non-taxable benefit to Old Age Security (OAS) pension recipients who have a low income and are living in Canada.

Passport Canada

How to apply for a passport, processing times, service locations, new requirements and what to do if your passport is lost, stolen or damaged.

Question Period Tickets

Our office can provide you with tickets to Question Period in the House of Commons.

Request Canadian flags and pins

As your Member of Parliament, my office is pleased to provide constituents with Canadian flags and pins upon request. Two sizes of flags are available: large flagpost nylon flags (90cm x 180cm) and small desktop nylon flags (30cm x 15cm) with a plastic stand.

Special occasion certificates

Is you or a loved one approaching a milestone birthday or anniversary? Please contact my office with the details and it will be our pleasure to prepare congratulatory certificates for your special occasion. My office can also arrange for congratulatory messages from the Prime Minister, the Governor General and/or Her Majesty The Queen.

Veterans Affairs

There is a wide variety of services available for veterans and their families—programs to assist you after an injury or during the transition from military to civilian life, as well as many other services to help you and your family throughout your life.

Federal politics

If you have any further remarks, questions and/or suggestion regarding subjects that fall under federal jurisdiction, do not hesitate to contact us.

(Last update : 25/07/2017 16:07 EST)